Is it legal to carry pepper spray in Mexico?
In this, MexInsurance also agrees that small personal pepper spray canisters are legal to bring into Mexico.
Can I cross the border with a taser?
DO tell the first guard you encounter if you have any weapons regardless (including stun guns, brass knuckles, and ‘spray’). This way, they can send them back to US customs and you can pick them up on your way back, no biggie.
What can you carry for self defense in Mexico?
What self defense weapons are legal in Mexico?
- Glock 9 x 19. Description:
- Jericho 941F. Description:
- Semi-automatic P2226 Tacops. Description:
- SIG SAUER P320. Description:
- Pietro Bereta 92 FS. Description:
- Herstal FNP9. Description:
- SIG SAUER P250 compact. Description:
Can you carry a Taser in Mexico?
Non-explosive arms like air rifles may be imported without any special permits; as may accessories for air rifles (e.g. pellets). … —all require an import permit. Note also that night-vision sight equipment, pepper spray, and taser guns are on the restricted items list, and will also require a permit to import.
Can I carry a taser in my checked luggage?
Stun guns and other electro-shock weapons are never allowed in carry-on luggage. In addition, they must be transported in checked baggage in such a manner that the device is inoperable from accidental discharge.
What can you not bring across the Mexican border?
Items Not Allowed in Mexico:
- Guns or ammunition. …
- Pepper spray.
- Lethal knives and machetes (anything over 8” is not allowed)
- Live predator fish.
- Totoaba fish (fresh or frozen)
- Turtle eggs.
- Poppy seeds or flour of poppy seeds.
- Marijuana, medicinal marijuana, marijuana products, marijuana seeds or spores, or marijuana extracts.
What’s the difference between a stun gun and a Taser?
Is there a difference between a stun gun and a TASER? Yes. Stun guns are close-range devices that require you to be near the person attacking you while using a painful shock to discourage further contact. In contrast, TASERs have a projectile that attaches to targets further away.
What weapons can you have in Mexico?
Type of firearms permitted
- Semi-automatic handguns, revolvers and rifles of caliber .22, rimfire ammo.
- Handguns of .38 caliber for Olympic shooting or other competition.
- Shotguns in all their calibers and models, except those with a barrel length shorter than 25 inches, and calibers greater than 12 gauge.
Can you carry a pocket knife in Mexico?
Mexico’s Strict Weapons Laws
A knife or pocketknife, carried on your person in Mexico, is also illegal, and has a prison sentence of up to five years.
How can I protect myself from Mexico?
Ways to Protect yourself in Mexico
- Stay in well traveled areas.
- Avoid driving at night and traveling alone.
- Don’t drink and drive.
- Don’t purchase or use any illegal drugs.
- Don’t seek out the most remote camping locations, or surfing beaches.
- Tourists who are drunk in public are also an easy mark for criminals.