Can I work in Mexico as a Canadian citizen?
So, you are thinking about moving to Mexico, it is possible for Canadians to live in Mexico permanently. You may apply for a Temporary Resident Visas with permission to work, if you will be working in Mexico. …
How do you get a work visa for Mexico?
In order to legally work, you can obtain a Mexican work visa in two ways: through a job offer from a Mexican employer, or by opening a business in Mexico. You then have your own company hire you as an employee. Work permits in Mexico are processed through the Instituto Nacional de Migración (INM.)
How can a Canadian live in Mexico?
In Mexico, you can apply for a Temporary Resident Visa or a Permanent Resident Visa. You do not need to be a Temporary Resident before applying for a Permanent Resident Visa. Having a Permanent Resident Visa will let you : Enter and exit Mexico with no problem.
How can a Canadian get a work visa for Mexico?
Requirements for a Mexican Temporary Residence Work Visa
- Fill out the Application Form L1. …
- Passport with minimum validity of 6 months.
- Signed letter of authorization from the Mexican Immigration Office with the NUT (Número Único de Trámite) number.
- Signed letter of job offer from company in Mexico.
How much does a work visa cost in Mexico?
Mexico Work Visa Cost
The fee to obtain work permissions on a Temporary or Permanent Resident Card are the following: If you apply on a Residente Temporal card, the basic fee is 3,207 MXN (150 USD). Additional fees may incur (e.g. visa sticker exchange fee).
Can a US citizen legally work in Mexico?
The governments of Mexico and the United States continue to work together to facilitate regular, safe, and productive travel that strengthens ties between our countries. U.S. citizens are now eligible to obtain Mexican work permits valid for up to four years, eliminating the need to renew work permits annually.
How do I get a work visa for Mexico from the US?
U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Mexico
- Find a company in the U.S. in need of temporary workers. …
- Review your job contract and confirm that the petition is valid. …
- Complete a DS-160 visa application form and pay the $190 USD visa application fee. …
- Ensure that you meet the requirements to make a visa appointment.
How can I live in Mexico permanently?
To apply for and be granted a permanent resident visa, the applicants must:
- have certain close family connections in Mexico, or.
- apply for retirement status and prove they have sufficient monthly income (or substantial assets) to support themselves, or.
- have 4 consecutive years of regular status as Temporary Resident, or.
Is it cheaper to live in Mexico than Canada?
Cost of living in Mexico is 48% cheaper than in Canada.